Extreme Measures Planmine™ Help Desk
About Us
Sign In / Up

Extreme Measures

This help desk is a free resource intended for discussion purposes only. Neither BOMA, its chapters, affiliates, or Extreme Measures Inc.® are responsible for the information, comments or opinions expressed herein. For complete information, refer to the official publications of the standards themselves.

FAQ & Read-Me Articles
What are as-built drawings / models?
What is CAD and BIM?
How do I resolve an area dispute?
Where can I get measurement standards publications?
BOMA Office Overview
BOMA Industrial Overview
BOMA Retail Overview
BOMA Multi-Unit Residential Overview
BOMA Gross Areas Overview
BOMA Mixed-Use Overview
IPMS for Office Overview
Alternative Methodologies
Glossary of Industry Terms

Which BOMA standard should I use to calculate restaurant usable and rentable area?

October 27, 2021

The building is mixed use and the restaurant space is on the ground floor.

David Fingret
Extreme Measures Inc.
October 27, 2021

Hi Daniel,

That will depend on either what the lease says or the standard the Landlord wants to use or has agreed to use with a prospective tenant. The BOMA Retail Standard or the BOMA Mixed-Use Standard would be appropriate for a restaurant in a Mixed-Use Building.


Your Comments ...

Please allow up to 24 hours for your question to appear after it is reviewed.