Extreme Measures Planmine™ Help Desk
About Us
Sign In / Up

Extreme Measures

This help desk is a free resource intended for discussion purposes only. Neither BOMA, its chapters, affiliates, or Extreme Measures Inc.® are responsible for the information, comments or opinions expressed herein. For complete information, refer to the official publications of the standards themselves.

FAQ & Read-Me Articles
What are as-built drawings / models?
What is CAD and BIM?
How do I resolve an area dispute?
Where can I get measurement standards publications?
BOMA Office Overview
BOMA Industrial Overview
BOMA Retail Overview
BOMA Multi-Unit Residential Overview
BOMA Gross Areas Overview
BOMA Mixed-Use Overview
IPMS for Office Overview
Alternative Methodologies
Glossary of Industry Terms

Managing single-unit homes, duplex or triplex buildings, townhomes, row houses

Sue Flanagan
January 25, 2018

In the Multi-Unit Residential Standard it states that the standard does not pertain to single-unit homes, duplex or triplex buildings, townhomes, row houses, etc.

Does BOMA recommend or have another Standard used to handles these types of assets?


Sue Flanagan

David Fingret
Extreme Measures Inc.
January 25, 2018

Hi Sue,

No, BOMA does not recommend and does not have a standard for those other residential building types. However, the Gross Area standard may be applied to any building type. Depending on your requirements, there may be a way to utilize the Gross Area standard. Feel free to call me if you would like to discuss in more detail. 416-323-2858 x226.


Your Comments ...

Please allow up to 24 hours for your question to appear after it is reviewed.